Saturday 2 May 2015

Journal Page and Photographs

Hello Everyone and welcome to Jumbled Crafts. Thank you visiting as I do love visitors.

At Art Journal Journey this time the theme is The Sea. As I live at the seaside I am hoping to get lots of ideas for this challenge.


I used emulsion paint for this and quite a thick brush. Then I used white and black pen for the birds and to highlight the figure leaning on a pole.


Yesterday the Tour de Yorkshire cycle race started here in Bridlington and it was very busy along our end of the seafront. 

Here is team GB with a very much smaller van and team than many of the other countries taking part



The lifeboat was brought out of its usual hiding place as that was where all the crowds were gathering. Where it is on the picture is at the top of the ramp leading to the beach.


The sky team had 3 cars and a very large van and also gave out maps of the route for the race and flags for us to wave.

These are Bradley Wiggins spare bikes and he had a fancy stall nearer the start line where he was signing autographs and chatting to all who could get near. I did hear someone say a lot of the bikes cost about £10,000



This building was built over night and is for the media coverage. It all came on the back of transporters then slotted into place like magic.



Introducing the riders. I couldn't see much at all. I should have taken a stool.
We watched the coverage on the television as it was part of the route that the bus took last weekend when we came back from Whitby. I am looking forward to seeing the next part of the race today and the last part tomorrow which will include York and the finish in Leeds

No comments:

Post a Comment