Saturday 2 August 2014

Art Journal Journey

Hello Everyone and welcome to Jumbled Crafts. Thank you for taking the time to visit and I hope you enjoy what you find here in my little space in Blogland

For the month of August at Art Journal Journey the theme is Frida Kahlo. I have seen lots of works influenced by her art but never really knew much about the person behind the art. Thanks to Valerie's wonderful post at AJJ I know a lot more and I am looking forward to joining in and seeing what others make as well.


This is my first effort which I hope is a tribute to the artist. I started off with white matte emulsion and whilst it was still wet I blended in various colours of poster paints. Then it was imagination time as I added some stamps, drawings and shapes. All highlighted with felt tip pens. I thought it only fitting to take the page outside to photograph with some flower but it was very windy and difficult to take anywhere else but in a sheltered corner of the garden.

Have a wonderful day and I hope to see what you make of this wonderful challenge.

Love Chrissie x



No comments:

Post a Comment