Sunday 6 October 2013

A Tale of Two Pages

Hello All--nice to have you pop in to Jumbled Crafts

Beautiful day here so I thought I would try out my new pedometer that arrived yesterday.

I had done 6000 steps by the time I came back home but with my small step length it was on 2.6 kilometers and at 176 calories so I didn't use up the toasted teacake and butter I have just eaten. I will try harder tomorrow :)

Now to my pages.

The first one is my Alpha page for the J challenge at the The Craft Barn I love the Jacobean period with its style both in furniture, clothes and needlework.

I painted the page in the colours that were used at that time and added some pictures I found on Google of needlework from that period. I have had the stamps for a long time and do like to use them whenever I can.


This Journal Page is for Art Journal Journey where they have She Art this time.

I painted this face yesterday for another project so thought I would print it out and use it on my she page.
I stamped various flowers and some leaves around the face and the little hearts to fill in gaps.
Then I added some texture with a stencil and gesso.
The background is painted with acrylics in feminine colours.
The verse is from a song I love and I typed it out and printed it onto acetate to stick onto the page.

Off to add a few more steps as I had planned to do 10,000 each day.

Hope your day is going well

Love Chrissie x

No comments:

Post a Comment