Sunday 28 June 2015

Quilling-not for me

Hi All. Hope your day is going well and thank you for calling in.
 I have decided to sort out some of the boxes of 'little things' I never use.

The first thing out of the box was a quilling tool. I have a vague recollection of using it years ago but being useless at quilling. I thought it would be a good way to craft and watch sport so I would give it a go. I cut lots of strips of thin card and set to work making the circles.. I said to Vic that it would be nice to have a board with different size circles in it to hold the quilled shapes. He said that he made me one way back when  and that I never used it. I asked where it was now and he said that he had used it to mend part of the old shed because I had thrown it out. I soldiered on and made shapes and then made a card with them. It looks awful and quilling takes so long and is messy, it is still not my thing so I need to find another use for a quilling tool I think.:(


Next out of the box are lots of embossing tools and, somewhere, in a drawer, I have parchment to use them on. Another thing I was totally useless at but will give it a go again just to see if I have improved.

Strange how things go in and out of fashion with the crafty world.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment