Wednesday 21 January 2015

Journal Page and Collage


Thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts. I am muddling through at the moment trying to get used to varifocals which I haven't had before so please forgive any spelling mistakes

This time at AJJ we are asked to be inspired by the masters and I am really enjoying finding out about different artist's and their styles.


Today I have chosen --

Joseph Fernand Henri Léger was a French painter, sculptor, and filmmaker. In his early works he created a personal form of cubism which he gradually modified into a more figurative, populist style. Wikipedia
Born: February 4, 1881, Argentan, France
Died: August 17, 1955, Gif-sur-Yvette, France
Movies: Ballet Mécanique
Periods: Cubism, Section d'Or, Modernism, Modern art
Education: Académie Julian, École nationale supérieure des arts décoratifs

This is in one of his simple styles. Many are quite complicated--too complicated for me to try to paint for sure.


At Three Muses this week the theme is Alice as it is the 150th aniversary of the books

I always found the Mad Hatter's tea party amusing but very sad at the same time. I think a bit of Fancy Dress might have made for a better party.

I have had the black and white drawing in a folder on my computer for  long time but not sure of its origins. I think it may be one of the originals from the book.

Have a lovely day everyone--we have rain today which is better than fog, ice and cold.

Love Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment