Wednesday 7 January 2015

AJJ and Three Muses

Hello Everyone. Nice to have you visit Jumbled Crafts. Thank you for being such wonderful followers and friends.

Art Journal Journey is quite addictive with its theme being Inspired by the Masters. So many artist to choose from and so much to learn along the way.

Andy Warhol

Born on August 6, 1928, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Andy Warhol was a successful magazine and ad illustrator who became a leading artist of the 1960s Pop art movements. He ventured into a wide variety of art forms, including performance art, film making, video installations and writing, and controversially blurred the lines between fine art and mainstream aesthetics. Warhol died on February 22, 1987, in New York City.


I can't believe I have been brave and done this sketch. I have long admired the self portrait sketch that Andy Warhol did and I marvel at anyone who can do a sketch of their own face let alone do it in 3D. I had help with this one. Vic took three photographs of me to start with. Then I worked on them digitally until I could find an outline to trace. It has certainly captured my chin! I have stuck this into my new journal that Valerie sent to me--thank you Valerie I hope to fill it with art projects.

At Three Muses this week the theme is Butterflies. It is always wonderful to see what the others make and we all seem to have our own unique style whatever the subject.


Have a good day all. I am off for blood tests and Vic is going for physio at the hospital--a sign of old age I guess. We neither us have been to the docs for over a year and went last week and now have appointments !!

Love Chrissie x


No comments:

Post a Comment