Sunday 4 January 2015

Inchie and Journal Page

Hi All. Hope 2015 has started well and you have fitted in some crafting along the way. Thank you for joining me at Jumbled Crafts today

Here I am with the first inchie of the year for Every Inchie Monday and the theme is 'egg'


When my daughter came at Christmas she was making something in felt and I asked if I could have all the little pieces that she had left over. My intention is to make all of my inchies this year on felt and maybe sew them together at the end of the year

I cut out an egg shape in card and covered it with glue and pressed on bits of eggshell. Then I dabbed it with Distressed stain and finished it off with hair lacquer to add a bit of shine. Lots of sequins and beads from daughter, Linda, as well so I added a few of those.

Art Journal Journey have the theme 'Inspired by the Masters' again this month. It was so popular the first time they had it. So many artists and so many ways to interpret what they do.

I have chosen Francis Bacon today

Francis Bacon (28 October 1909 – 28 April 1992) was an Irish-born British figurative painter known for his bold, graphic and emotionally raw imagery.


I painted this digitally and really enjoyed doing it. I think that doing work in the style of a master gives you an insight into where they were coming from. Must say I have never seen anything by Bacon for real but now I would like to.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie x






No comments:

Post a Comment