Sunday 5 January 2014

Journal Page

Hello Everyone who drops in -hope the New Year is going well for you so far. We seem to have missed the bad weather so far in NE of the UK and today has been sunny and bright though a bit slippy if you go out walking. That's what we did this morning.

At Art Journal Journey this time the theme is Silence. I thought of the most silence place I could I could recal and used that time to make my page.


The picture is one I painted in 1991 after we had been for a walk in the snow taking photographs along the way. Vic went off to higher ground and I just stayed here and the silence was beautiful-it felt like being at the altar rail of a church which is why I have added some crosses. I did a painting from the photograph and my daughter still has it hung on a wall in her house


I took part of the photograph of the framed picture and and printed it out to add to my page-this I masked then painted the page with acrylic and added texture with grunge paste and a stencil then used Distress ink when the Grunge had dried. A few stamped images of trees and leaves and the wonderful quote that just seems to say what I wanted to say.

“Cold and silence. Nothing quieter than snow. The sky screams to deliver it, a hundred banshees flying on the edge of
the blizzard. But once the snow covers the ground, it hushes as still as my heart.”
― Laurie Halse Anderson, 

Hope you are having a good day and that you safe from the awful weather where ever you are

Love Chrissie x




No comments:

Post a Comment