Friday 31 January 2014

Artful Times Challenge 48

A warm welcome to everyone who drops in and especially to those who have come to see my project for Artful Times. I seem to be getting into the hang of being on the DT there and it is inspiring to make pieces for the themes.

This time the theme was chosen by Von- and you are asked to make a card, ATC, or tag in the style of Tim Holtz. Do visit Von to see her beautiful tag

I made a card and a tag.




I must say I wasn't too confident when I set out to make something in this style as I'm afraid I do tend to make things 'chrissie' style. I know I am influence and inspired by blogs I visit so I looked at a video of Tim making a tag, then visited some of his talented fans who join in his tag challenges and went on from there.

For the tag I used some TH products. Distressed Inks, Die cuts and Distressed stains. I followed the video to make the background then embossed it in a folder. The tape measure is a very old one that I keep for using on craft projects.

The background paper I used for the card is cut from a piece of card I use to test things on. The next layer is card embossed with the TH cogs folder. The quote I stamped when I was at a friend's house-it is from a set by Dylusions. The owl is from Gecko Galz and the beautiful tickets Rosie made for us to share. I inked them over with rusty hinge Distressed Ink-in fact I inked a lot of things over with that ink. The clock face is from a real clock.

If you have manage to make it this far-thank you for reading the post and I hope you will join in the challenge. There will be a prize donated by Oyster Stamps but to be eligible for the prize you must follow the Artful Rules and Guidelines and say something about how you made your project. Good Luck.

Happy Crafting All

Love Chrissie x



No comments:

Post a Comment