Saturday 14 December 2013

ATCs and Alpha pages.

Hello Everyone. I am up early as I seem to have a long list of things I want to do today. I try not to make my life so different at Christmas but then it seems to get hectic for reasons I can't seem to work out why at all. Also the new plant house arrived yesterday and there is a 7 day limit on checking all the parts are in the packs--no mean feat as there seem to be many, many components. I do love jigsaws and so does Vic so maybe that will be a help.

This week at Wicked Wednesday the theme is Creepy Christmas


This is what I made. I can recall lots of Christmas morning when I felt that I looked just like this after being out half the night at a Christmas Eve bash. I cut out a sort of skull shape and a Father Christmas hat shape and it all evolved from there.

Next is Moo Mania where the theme is Painting Utensils. Do check there and maybe join in as the team have decided that you don't have to include a Moo so long as you follow the theme. This will mean more people join in the challenges.


I painted a background then added some paint in the colours on the brushes image. Then I added the moo with the brushes image on it. Apart from some water this is what I think is needed to create a painting.

Last but by no means least are my last two pages for the Dictionary Challenge at The Craft Barn. This has been a wonderful challenge to be a part of and we are promised yet another exciting challenge for 2014 which starts on January 12th. I now have a great Alpha Book that I can enjoy for years and years and have gained so much inspiration from all of the team and the other entries as well. A big thank you to them and to the people who have commented on the pages as well.

For the letter 'I' my choice is Imp. Description is Devil's child and this image seemed just right. I tried to balance out good and evil by adding a good fairy sending magic to get rid of the demon.

I used various spray paints on the background which unfortunately covered over the print so I had to reprint the  meaning of the word Imp

Not sure who made the lovely brass stencil as it goes way back to when keeping packaging hadn't entered my head

Last letter is X and not much choice at all for that one


I just loved this word and this image. Xebec is a small Mediterranean vessel with three masts.

The background is just stripes done with Bingo markers pens that I got three of £1

I made the three textured shapes to represent the 3 sails of the vessels. The stencil to make the shapes is supposed to be a sewing shape and I got a round one as well as they were only 50p each at a Craft Shop in Hull. Amazing what can be used with Grunge Paste to create unusual textures.

Have terrific day everyone and get too worn out shopping

Love Chrissie x






No comments:

Post a Comment