Tuesday 3 December 2013

Alpha Page and Tag

Hello to everyone who drops into Jumbled Crafts. Always great to have new and old friends visit my little bit of Blogland.

Today it is cold again and Dull as well so looks like a crafting day to me :)

This time at the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge the letter is S. I thought that 'S ' sounded like an easy letter but then I read the catch and there has to be something hidden on the page.


Here is my page which is coloured with two 'Big and Juicy' ink pads and then the white waves in Acrylic Paint. The peg and my finger are there to hold the book open.


Noe comes the tricky part as I made an 'upwards slider' that reveals a crab when the shell is pushed upwards. Had to leave some of the white on the crab edges as the claws kept getting stuck on the first one I added. I thought afterwards it would have been a lot easier to have added a rock that could be folded back to reveal the crab-hindsight is a wonderful thing!

This week at Tag Tuesday we have the theme Angels


For my tag I used a bought backing paper that I found in a forgotten stack of papers--I think it may have been free in a magazine long ago. For the angel I cut out the angel wings in silver mirror card and did a few embossed lines on them. I then cut out a circle and simple body shape and  drew the face on the circle and stuck a few bits of paper onto the body shape. Then a bit of faux stitching to make  it all look like a patchwork piece I added silver ribbon as hair and threaded through the hole.

Have a lovely day and thanks for dropping by

Chrissie x


No comments:

Post a Comment