Sunday 17 November 2013

Tag and Gift

Hello Friends and Followers. I hope your day is going well. We have just got back from buying a new camera so hopefully I will learn how to use it and my photographs will improve. I blame Valerie as her photographs always look amazing lol. 

These were taken with the old camera and it is a dark, dreary day so they aren't too good even though I set up my light box for the second one.

The Tag Along Challenge this week is Fruit and flowers


I think I made this tag rather difficult really. I copied a drawing of the flowers and fruits of the wild pear then added Grunge Paste all around the image after I had coloured it with Promarkers. Then I let the whole thing dry and dropped some alcohol ink onto it -colour Lettuce, this spread out nicely. After that I sprayed it with gold Cosmic Shimmer Mist. It does look quite textured in real life but the photograph doesn't show that much at all.


*********************************

Next project I made for the  Allsorts Challenge  where the theme this time is to make a gift.


I made this while I was watching the rugby matches yesterday. It has a pair of ear rings and is a present for a friend. I just made it up as I went along with no idea what it was going to turn out.


Started off with a peg and a polystyrene egg shape

  I fitted the egg shape onto the peg then drew on a face in Promarkers--I also drew some hair later as an afterthought.

I covered the peg body with a strip of knitting then made the little hat. The cape is just a loop stitch then simple knitting and decreasing to fit the peg neck. Next I added little pom poms-one for the hat and four so that the doll would stand -up easily. 

All I had to do then was add the ear rings and that's it. I may make another one today as there are more rugby matches on telly:)

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by

Love Chrissie x








No comments:

Post a Comment