Friday 14 February 2014

Challenge 49 Artful Times

Happy Valentine's Day-a day I feel has lost its original meaning these days but 'Love' is a nice things to celebrate any day of the year so do enjoy it.

Hello Everyone and thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts.

It's time for another challenge at Artful Times and this time the theme is 'Boxing Clever'. We would like you to make or decorate a box of your choice.  If you follow the rules and guidelines at Artful Times you might win £10 to spend at Oyster Stamps

We quickly ate the contents of the box--well I needed it for the project :) I opened it out and painted the top with some red emulsion paint, I also painted inside the top as well  as I didn't quite have a plan when I did the painting.
 Then I covered all but the flap with a piece of patterned paper. So easy to do this when the box is just a flat shape. 



Then I added some lace, a ribbon fastener and made the lace flower and the ribbon leaves. It seemed a shame to not put something inside as well 



This is my little Victorian dolls house inside the box. All just pictures apart from the tiny flower in the girl's hand. She is raised up on foam pads so she stands out from the background. I always love to visit Cestina's blog and see the wonders she creates for her doll's house collection and this is the start of my collection which will be small enough to keep in one big box I hope.

We'd love you to join in the challenge and I hope you will also visit Von  and Neet to see their boxes for the challenge. 

Have a great day

Love Chrissie x






No comments:

Post a Comment