Thursday 13 February 2014

Altered Art-new challenge blog

Hi All. What a lovely sunny day we have here and it is quite warm out of the wind. I do hope it is drying up some of the flooded areas of the UK.

I was quite excited when I saw that Sandie had started a new challenge blog for Altered Art. It is called

Rhedd's Creative Spirit and it will always be a challenge to alter anything but there may sometimes be a twist as well. Plenty of time to do a project as it is once a month from the first to the last day of each month.

My excitement waned a bit when I realised that my box of things to alter had been put away somewhere safe when we closed Out of a Hat. So far I haven't found the box so I had to think Out of It :)

This is what I made for the challenge-can you guess what it is?




It's an old glasses case that has been at the back of a drawer for ages-I think it belonged to Vic


I covered the top of it with thick glue then added a black paper serviette. After it had dried I sprayed it with bronze glitter mist and let it dry again. Next I trimmed off the excess paper and added some turquoise ribbon to the edge.

I had the little frames from a shape swap a while back so painted those white then added spray glue and some glitter. The pictures are from the beautiful sheet 'Artsy Jewels' from GeckoGalz. I stuck the frames on firmly with my glue gun as I do intend to use this case for my glasses. 

Here is another view of it showing a bit of glitter on the pictures. This was because I used the spray glue on the frames and it goes everywhere and the pics just happened to be in the way when I was sprinkling glitter.

I am so messy :(

Hope your day is going well and how lovely that you found time to pop in.

 Chrissie xx



No comments:

Post a Comment