Wednesday 22 July 2015

Journal Page and Card

Hello Everybody. Hope the weather is nice where you are. Thank you for finding time to pop in and see what I have made today.Always great to read your comments.

At Art Journal Journey the Post and Postage challenge has some wonderful journal pages for you to see here where every entry is showcased.



I made a digital page with Post Acronyms that we used to add to the back of love letters. I have added only the clean ones as some were quite risque. They started in the second World War when lovers were separated and mail was the only way to stay in touch.

CHINA: Come Home I Need Affection
HOLLAND: Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies
ITALY: I Trust And Love You
WALES: With A Love Eternal Sweetheart
MALAYA: My Ardent Lips Await Your Arrival
S.W.A.L.K Sealed With A Loving Kiss




It's a while since I entered a card challenge but a few of the people whose blogs I visit make wonderful cards and are DTs on various challenge blogs. I made this card to fit three of the blogs. It is for a friend who has recently had a windfall and intends to spend it all travelling. He doesn't quite know where to yet so I am calling this card Destination Unknown

I used an A5 whiter card and edged the spine with burlap then went around the edges with  Rusty Hinge Distressed Ink which I also used on the photograph which is from the Expedition kit by Tim Holtz. The circle is from that as well and I wrote on it Travel Time.

I used a piece of packaging next and added a piece of paper by Daisy D. Next layer Tim Holtz District Market card from a set I have had a long time.I dyed the twine with the Rusty Hinge Ink and added some little wooden buttons

I would like to enter this at

City Crafters where Hemp and Twine will be Fine-thanks to Marina I found this challenge

Vintage Journey who have Destination this month-many of my blog friend design for there

Country View Crafts have On Your Travels that I spotted thanks to Pamellia who was a guest there

I think that is plenty for today

Enjoy whatever you are doing

Love Chrissie xx







No comments:

Post a Comment