Friday 16 May 2014

Recycle and All about Him

Hello Everyone another post from me as I am trying to get things sorted for the next few days as I may not be around much.

At the Craft room Challenge this time they are asking us to recycle something


This is what I made to store some of my coloured card as I always seem to use the white or cream and forget I have lots of coloured card as well. This holds a lot of it and has freed up space for other stuff.

Started out with this and tucked in the flaps and lined the inside with card. Then covered the outside with very thick paste

Then I tore bits of this Tesco's free magazine and decoupaged the box,  added fancy corners of paper which had been punched and some doilies to the top edge. Tickets with the words I have had ages and the roses image was from a seed catalogue. The stamps were more of the ones on a parcel from Valerie--no more of those left now. When it was all dry I varnished it with yacht varnish to give it a vintage look. I am so pleased to have made this as I sure it will be very useful.

********************************************

Now to A Vintage Journey where the theme is 'All About Him'. I was so pleased to see this theme as I had to make Vic a birthday card for Monday.

Here is what I made using one of Vic's own photographs that he took at Grosmont when we went to see the steam trains there. I made layers of card, and a background paper I made in Paint Shop Pro. All of these were distressed with Rangers Aged Mahogany Distressed Ink.


The background is Rangers Distressed Ink in Broken China and Aged Mahogany. The stamp is one from Chocolate Baroque but the clock looks TH style I think

I added a sentiment and a Tando Heart and I am hoping my hubby will love it.

Have a nice day all

Love Chrissie x


No comments:

Post a Comment