Sunday 9 March 2014

Craft Room and Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Hello Everyone who drops by and thank you for visiting. It is a beautiful sunny day here and we are off for a walk to the seafront and along the beach in a short while.

I have combined 2 challenges with this piece  and I did make it with both of them in mind so equal billing for them.

At Rhedd's Creative Spirit the theme is to change something as you wish--it will be that most times but there could be a twist sometimes so make sure you look each month. At Craft-Room Challenge the theme is the 20th century. Always great themes to think about there.

I bought 4 small canvases and I have used one of them to make this picture. The background and the flowers are made from kitchen roll that I used to mop up Spray Inks when I was making something else.

Amazing how many sheets get covered in the ink and they look so pretty. I used the Tattered Flowers Die to make the flowers.
The photograph is of my grandma and grandad and my dad and I changed it from sepia to a brighter shade. All dead now and I only have one aunt left of that generation and she is in her late 80s. The photograph was taken in 1920 and it was a time not long after the war and people started to relax more. I never saw my grandad without a black bow tie but I didn't think I would see him wearing one whilst paddling in the sea. I thought I would give the picture to my aunt as we are going to see her on Saturday and it is a long time since we met-up but we do speak on the phone quite often.

Have a lovely day

Chrissie x


No comments:

Post a Comment