Sunday 22 June 2014

Wood at Artful Times

Hello to everyone who pops in today and thank you for your visit.

This time at Artful Times the theme is to make something using wood somewhere. I chose the theme before I left Artful Times and I hope lots of you will join in with Neet and Wendy and go to see what they have made for the challenge


This is what I have made as my entry for the challenge

It started out as a humble, used, wooden coaster. I bought a box of them for £1 and have already plans for most of them when time allows.

The first thing I did was give it a generous coat of orange emulsion

While that was still wet I sprayed weak solutions of some of the spray inks I have then dried it with a hot drier which makes it all bubble slightly to give some texture and different colours.

The fun bit now. I stamped my CI-264 stamp onto the coaster. Always love Crafty Individuals stamps and this one is so beautiful. Then I played around adding bits of this and that. Texture down the side with a Tim Holtz  stencil and Grunge paste, fruit bag net, webbing, string and flowers. Then I dab bits here and there with a Bingo dabber. Must say I added another bingo dabber in parts and that was green but I had already taken this picture by then. Not sure why I added the gold peel-off as I don't think it says much really.

The last thing I did was give the whole thing a coat of yacht varnish which is a pale brown and very sticky but dries to a lovely shine and makes things stand out really well.

That's it for today I reckon as I am about to demolish all my crafty space to find out where the sockets are in this room. I am sure you, my fellow crafters, will know how scary that job is going to be.

Have a lovely day

Chrissie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment