Tuesday 3 June 2014

Rolling Pin

Hello Friends and Followers from a wet NE UK Coast. Looks like we will get wet again today as we have to go into town. Yesterday we decided to stretch our legs and have a walk along the seafront. Bad idea as the heavens opened and we came back looking like drowned rats. I hope the sun is shining where you are and thank you for calling in today.

I made this project for 2 challenges--both equally inspiring blogs.

At Rhedd's Creative Spirit the theme is always to alter something and usually anything you like as it is this time. Then at Our Creative Corner they have the theme 'Flaming June' and want to see lots of orange on your projects.




I decorated this sixteen inch wooden rolling pin that I bought for just £1 at the car boot sale. It was new but I still have my mum's old rolling pin if I need one for baking.


First of all I painted the ends in orange emulsion paint then added crackle varnish to give them a better finish

Next came a piece of paper for the middle. This is a piece from the Debbi Moore, Shabby Chic, Paris Bookazine. I added lace and ribbon at the edges of the paper them made flowers from the same ribbon and lace. Also the leaves are made of ribbon.

I am thinking of screwing in some pot hooks to hang things on when I find a space to hang the rolling pin :(

Have a wonderful day

Love Chrissie x

No comments:

Post a Comment