Tuesday 10 September 2013

Picture and Tag

Well we have got the rain at last which is lovely but not too keen on the cold that has arrived with it :) It is heating and Aran cardigan day here. It feels very strange to wearing so many clothes after the shorts and 
t-shirt summer months

Here is what I have been making this morning or rather finishing making as I did start it at the weekend but didn't have a clue where it was going at the time.


I bought this tatty looking frame at the carboot sale a few weeks ago. A real bargain at 20p I thought and a nice shape to use

This is the end product and I would like to enter it into three of my favourite challenge blogs.

At Altered Eclectics you can alter anything you like every month. 

At Anything but a Card the theme this time is  'Hitting the Books' so I used some die cut flower shapes that a friend sent to me a while ago. She had cut them from an old book-thanks Max! 

Last but not least is Try it on Tuesday where the challenge of Make your Own Flowers started today.

I painted the frame with some white matt paint then distressed it with  Rusty Hinge Distress Ink from Tim Holtz. When it was dry I stamped on some Chocolate Baroque images in the same colour as the distressing.
Now for the inside. 
I found a piece of old cardboard and stripped some to the corrugations then painted it roughly with the white matt paint. Next I used a stencil from Imagination Crafts and some Paper Artsy grunge paste to add texture to the background, I dabbed this with the distress ink and also used the 'dusty concord' colour on it as well.

The word is one from a clear sheet I bought a while ago-think the make is Making Memories.

I wanted to show my gratitude to my grandparents and my parents.  Mum and both of my Grandmothers were wonderful needle women and my father and grandfather taught me a love of music of all kind. My grandfather was a proffessional violist and also tuned pianos and I used to go with him at times and sit under the grand piano, at their house, when he was playing

The little wise owl is for all the many other 'wise' people who I want to thank --especially the wonderful and inspiring friends here on crafty blogs.

Thought I would add my tag for this week at Tag Tuesday where the theme this week is Mother and Child


Oh dear are you still here to the end ? Sorry it was such a long post.

Have a good rest of the day

Love Chrissie x

No comments:

Post a Comment