Tuesday 29 September 2015

Autumn Leaves or Colours at Try it on Tuesday

Hello Everyone and thank you for calling in at Jumbled Crafts.

 Time for another challenge at Try it on Tuesday where the theme this time is Autumn Leaves/Colours. I'm sure you will have lots of ideas for this subject but if you need inspiration just go to TIOT for wonderful inspiration from my fellow team mates.



I made a candle jar so I thought I would show it unlit and then lit. The candle is a battery one so very safe and also I painted the bulb with red acrylic so it has a warmer glow.

This is an old peanut butter jar with coloured leaf shapes stuck all around the jar. Then I painted the whole jar with PVA  to give is a bit of see through texture. When it was dry I added some glue stick in blobs and sprinkled with gold sprinkles.

The next thing was to made a tube to fit the inside and I used a thin layer of a red and gold serviette so that the light would show through. Stick this to the jar rim at the top. Add a bit of matching ribbon to the neck of the jar and place the candle inside and that's it finished. You do have to take the candle in and out to turn it on and off but that is easy. It would be nice as a table decoration or have a row of them somewhere. We need to eat more peanut butter I think so I can make more of them.

Have a wonderful day and I can't wait to see what you make.

Love Chrissie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment