Friday 11 April 2014

Artful Times Challenge 53-Spray Away

Hi All. Great to have you visit and hope you like what you see and will join in with us at Artful Times for the challenge this time.

The theme is Spray Away and you can enter anything you like that uses a spray on it somewhere. A word of warning to wear a thin pair of rubber gloves if you use the sort of inks that I used -more later in the post about those.


I made this hanging and I am sure you would like to see what Von, Wendy and Neet made so do visit their blogs as well.

I started of with some pieces of vertical blind that were cut off because the blinds were too long. These are great for craft use and easy to print or stamp on.

I cut a few squares

 I sprayed a little of one of the inks onto my craft sheet and sprayed it with water then just pressed a square onto it and smudge it around until the square was covered in the solution. I did this with all three colours but didn't bother to clean the sheet in between as I didn't mind a speck of the other colours mingling a bit.



I then left these to dry fully before stamping them with Joanna Sheen -Back to Nature stamps and a few little Gesso flowers from a stencil. All coloured with Promarkers

 I made frames for the pictures from different card then stuck them onto a photo frame hanging that someone sent to me a while ago.

I stuck pieces of matching card on the back--it doesn't look all the same as it is metallic card and the sun was shining when I took the photograph


Next I made the flowers from TH tattered flower dies and they are sprayed with the neat Dylusions inks but toned down with a last coat of Cosmic Shimmer Mist-Ancient Copper

Hope to see your make for the challenge it is always great to have you join in at Artful Times and you could be our winner with  £10 to spend Oyster Stamps

Love Chrissie x

No comments:

Post a Comment